How do I add people or collaborators to my stories?
Here's how you can add people to your stories.
1. First, you need to make your account visible to the community.
- To do this, click on "Settings" from the dropdown menu in the top, righthand corner of your profile icon.
2. Then, click (check) on the icons that say 'Make me visible to the community' as well as 'Let community members email me.'
3. After you make your profile visible to the community, people can search for you and you can invite people to your stories.
- Now, do a search in the Community Section for a person or several people you'd like to add. In this example, I'm adding Kathryn, our Content Expert.
4. Once you find the person that you are looking for, just click on their profile picture and you can invite them to one of your stories
- OR when you open your story, you can scroll to the bottom where it says 'Collaborators.' You can then add a new collaborator, by searching for their name.
5. Lastly, assign them a role such as a Storyteller, a Collaborator, or a Viewer.
A Storyteller can do anything in your story, including adding collaborators and inviting people. They would be what is commonly thought of as an administrator on your story. Only a storyteller can see your notes field. A Collaborator can add elements, but they can’t add people, or delete elements. A Viewer can just interact in the comments section.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that you can only add collaborators to your story who also have an account with Storybuilder. If they don't yet have an account, they can sign-up with a 14-day free trial. In the future we also hope to create a client portal that allows clients to access a story without having a Storybuilder account.