Why can’t others add me to their stories?
If you're having trouble being added to a story, here are a few steps you should take:
1. First, make sure your profile is set to "Make me visible to the community."
- To do this, click on your profile icon in the top, right-hand corner for a drop-down menu to appear.
- From the drop-down-menu, select 'Settings.'
- Check the box that says, 'Make me visible to the community' as well as 'Let community members email me.'
2. After your profile is set as visible to the community, here are a few ways that you can be added to others' stories:
- When others open their story, they can scroll to the bottom where it says 'Collaborators.' They can then add a new collaborator, and search you by name.
- Or, others can head to the community tab in the top right corner. They can then search you here, and invite you to join their story.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that you can only add collaborators to your story who also have an account with Storybuilder. If they don't yet have an account, they can sign-up with a 14-day free trial. In the future we also hope to create a client portal that allows clients to access a story without having a Storybuilder account.